Ice Cold Bugfixes (0.2.5.1)
Lots of bugs have been fixed, a functioning fridge is now available and I started to rework a bunch of sprites. I have a lot of more upcoming features, but I want to spend some more time on the UI to make it feel more consistent. The game has been grown in functionality far past my original estimates and I am excited to where it is going. With that growth, a few of my systems that I initially wrote will have to endure some refactoring or even complete rewrites (I am looking at your, popularity system!)
Anyways, here are the changes since the last devlog:
- Added: New light available in the store!
- Added: Settings Menu (Placeholder) can be opened from the Pause Menu and Main Menu
- Added: Fridge: Food Items placed in fridge, stay fresh longer (if the door is closed) - thanks to Chris Leipfert for the model!
- UI: Started replacing several placeholder sprites to make it look a bit nicer
- Bugfix: 'Looking For Seating' and 'Satisfaction Rating' are not displayed anymore when customer leaves store angry
- Bugfix: Moving the character while rotating an object or furniture won't make character teleport anymore
- Bugfix: Money is now stored as double variable and properly displayed (up to a quadrillion - after that, you are on your own)
- Bugfix: Furniture can now be placed into office... yes, your customers will sit in it, too.
- Bugfix: Cork board can't be placed through walls / ceiling anymore
- Bugfix: Fridge does not flicker anymore when being placed
- Bugfix: Fixed a whole slew of fridge-related physics bugs
- Bugfix: Light Fixtures don't cast light anymore while being moved
- Bugfix: Hitting 'Esc' in settings menu does not reopen the Pause Menu anymore
- Bugfix: Hitting 'Esc' and then closing the Computer Screen does not cause issues anymore
- Interface: Game can be resumed & Settings Menu can be closed out with Escape Key
- Bugfix: Hitting Escape in the Day Over Screen or after clicking car will not lock game anymore
- Bugfix: Camera does not clip through walls anymore
- Bugfix: Player can't walk through doors anymore
- Bugfix: Added collision box to electrical box
- Bugfix: Can't walk onto cups anymore. Or cars... or a bunch of other things.
- Bugfix: Looking at a customer that has his/her order won't display the order anymore
- Bugfix: It's not possible to place wall shelf on the wall behind the counter with sink
- Bugfix: Coffee machine interacts with non-furniture objects while in furniture mode
- Doors: Removed hinge joint to avoid weird physics bugs.
I have been streaming the development regularly on Twitch and I would love if joined me!
If you want to talk about the game or have suggestions, drop by our Coffee, Please! Discord server!
Get Coffee, Please! - The Coffee Shop Simulator (Pre-Alpha)
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.